One of the most important thing that you should take into consideration when playing a turbo Sit and Go poker tournament is the blind structure. Make sure that you read all the necessary information about the blind structure before the tournament starts. This along with the hands that your opponents will get is going to decide whether you win or lose. Everything except that is going to be pure math.
Here we are going to present you some quick facts about Turbo Sit and Go poker tournaments so that you better understand how these tournaments are being played:
- The blinds from a Turbo SNG will move up a lot faster than they would at a normal Sit and Go.
- This is the reason why your stack will start to become smaller in relation to the blinds you have to pay.
- Along with this, the Turbo Sit and Go poker tournaments will leave you with less room for making plays.
- And most of the decisions you will have to take are going to be made during the flop and pre-flop periods.
The moment you will be playing a turbo SNG tournament, you will no longer have to take into consideration strategies that enquire making a profile of the other players since the speed of these tournaments along with the fact that the blinds will go up faster will make you less and less time for players after the flop.
As a result of all this at a turbo Sit and Go tournament most of the pots no matter if they are small or big are going to be played by using the strategy to push it or shove it. This means that the players will have to fold their cards or shove and call all in, depending on what are their pocket cards.
At a normal single table online poker tournament the strategy is to go ahead and play a certain hand if you have 2 powerful cards. The situation is totally different at a turbo SNG tournament, here the strategy which is being used and it works is to play a hand even if you only have only one premium card. No matter if you have a small or big stack if you manage to get an ace or a king you should go for it.
At a Turbo SNG tournament you will have to apply the strategies that you usually apply at a normal tournament when you have a short stack. This means that in order to be a successful Turbo Sit and Go player you will have to be familiar with the short stack poker strategy.
Short Stack Poker Strategy
One of the main things you have to take into consideration when applying the short stack poker strategy is the starting hand selection. This means that you will have to select to play only those hands that are going to help you hit the flop hard.
Here are the hands that are just perfect to play by using the short stack strategy:
- Big pocket pairs like: AA, KK, QQ, JJ and others
- And the high cards: AK, AQ, AJ, KQ, KJ and QJ.
And here are the hands that you should always avoid playing:
- The low suited cards
- The small pocket pairs (in case your stack is very very small you could try a desperate move and use a small pocket pair to play)
- And the low connecting cards should also be avoided.